Sunday

Reasons Why Reading With Your Child Is a Habit Worth Keeping





















Adriana & George Sifakis Become a fan

Authors of S.W.A.K., a novel of ultimate betrayal and co-founders, Live Inspire Empower and founders, Axela and Idea-gen

I recently picked up a habit worth keeping -- reading a chapter BOOK with my child every single day! Thanks to Mrs. O'Rourke, the extraordinary school librarian at my children's school, she introduced a program to our school called "one school, one book", which is a program that is designed to create a shared reading experience with your child. The idea is to choose a chapter book to read with your child over the course of a single month and gain some of the benefits featured below.
I have noticed that this experience has helped me to teach my children a love for reading at an early age through an interest and effort to read together. When this program was introduced we immediately began reading together at home and developed a new daily routine. It soon became a habit for us and turned into our daily ritual of togetherness with a love of reading and learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment